Friday, March 21, 2014

I-ELDA Testing Reminder

The I-ELDA testing window, February 1, 2014 to April 30, 2014, is still open. 

All identified ESL students must take the IELDA if:
  • They are being served in an ESL program.
  • They have been identified but parents have signed a wavier to exclude them from ESL service.
  • They are in the transition stage of services and have not been exited from the ESL program.
  • They arrive in your district from another Iowa school, are identified as ESL, received services at the sending school but have not taken the I-ELDA yet this year.
Students would not take the I-ELDA if
  • They are new to the country and district, arriving during the testing window.
  • They are still in the process of being identified for services and needing to take the screener, TELPA.
  • They have been exited from the ESL program because they have met all exit criteria.
  • They have taken the I-ELDA in another Iowa district prior to moving to yours.
Click here for more information on I-ELDA Testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment