Friday, September 10, 2010

Introducing Dr. Bob Newsum, Interim Superintendent at Martensdale-St. Marys


Education
I graduated from West Waterloo High School in 1964; graduated from U. N. I., with a bachelor's degree in art education, in 1972; graduated from U. N. I., with a master's degree in secondary educational administration, in 1977; and earned my PhD. in educational administration, from Iowa State University, in 1991.


Past work experience

I student-taught and taught junior high art, in Newton for four years; served as Spirit Lake Middle School Principal and Curriculum Director for three years; served as Indianola Junior High and Indianola Middle School Principal for twelve years; served as Rudd-Rockford-Marble Rock Superintendent for three years; served as Chariton Superintendent for six years; served as part-time Mormon Trail Superintendent for one year; and most recently served as Iowa Core Curriculum LEAD for Green Valley Area Education Agency 14 for two years.


Why did you decide to pursue the superintendent position at your district?
One of my career goals has always been to close out my educational administration career as an interim superintendent. I believe my personality is perfectly suited to serve in an interim capacity and I am certain that I can provide assistance to the Martensdale St Marys district, as a permanent superintendent is selected.

What is your vision for your district?

I intend to assist the district to continue the long-term and short-term programs and goals that have been established and are currently in place.


What are your hobbies or things you like to do in your free time?

I am an avid golfer and live near the Chariton Country Club. Two of my four grandchildren live in Chariton and my wife, Linda, and I spend a great deal of time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment