Friday, August 25, 2017

Meet the New Superintendents


We would like to introduce you to some new faces. Below are new superintendents starting this year in Heartland AEA's service area.



Jon Hueser
Ogden Community School District

Education
Wayne State College - B.A.E
Drake University - M.S.E
Drake University - Ed. S

Past Work Experience
I spent 14 of my years teaching, coaching and serving as technology director and then six years as principal in the East Greene Community School District. I served as principal and superintendent at Corwith-Wesley and Lu Verne, and the past two years I have been with Lu Verne Community School District as both the elementary principal and superintendent. This year I am being shared in my superintendent position with Ogden.

Why did you decide to pursue the superintendent position at your district?
I have spent most of my career in a district that shared a common boundary with Ogden. I have always admired the amount of support and commitment that the Ogden community has had for its schools and thought it would be a great opportunity to help lead a forward thinking district into the 21st century.

What is your vision for your district?
We want to inspire our students to be the next generation of innovative thinkers to persevere and succeed in meeting tomorrow's opportunities.

What are your hobbies or things you like to do in your free time?
My wife and I have five children who keep us very active. In my free time I love to ride motorcycles, go camping and do woodworking.


Clark Wicks
Perry Community School District

Education
Luther College - BA
Drake University - MS
Iowa State University - Superintendent Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS)

Past Work Experience
I was a superintendent for four years at Orient-Macksburg. I invested 23 years as an elementary principal at Perry and two years at Rockwell City. I also taught and coached at Johnston and Panorama School Districts.

Why did you decide to pursue the superintendent position at your district?
I love the community of Perry and the Perry School District. My 23 years as Perry’s Elementary Principal were exciting and fulfilling. Our three kids graduated from Perry High School. The support and strong relationships that we have in Perry were a difference maker to wanting to be the next superintendent. It is great to be a Bluejay again!

What is your vision for your district?
To work as partners with the board, staff and community to create a vibrant culture for learning and to have synergistic relationships with all those associated with the Perry Schools. Our theme this year is One Team, One Purpose. I want to help develop a strong team atmosphere with the focus of one purpose … student success.

What are your hobbies or things you like to do in your free time?
My wife and I love spending time with our grandkids (one who starts preschool in Perry!), golfing, biking and cheering on the Bluejays.

No comments:

Post a Comment