Friday, March 20, 2009

Required Item: Use Iowa-ELDA to Meet Title III Mandates

After checking the list of Heartland AEA 11 school districts that have ordered the I-ELDA, it was discovered that several schools have not ordered the testing materials from Northwest AEA. The testing window is now open for administering the I-ELDA but will be closing April 30, 2009.

All ESL students must be assessed using I-ELDA to meet Title III mandates. To order the I-ELDA, click here or go to the Northwest AEA Web site www.nwaea.k12.ia.us, choose Programs and Services, then click on Iowa English Language Development Assessment. Information under the subheadings will answer many of the questions you may have about the I-ELDA. The forms and template headings provide the information you will need to order your tests and bar codes for the bubble sheets. It is important that your district provide the correct state ID number for the bar codes.

If you have any questions, contact Stephaney Jones-Vo, sjonesvo@aea11.k12.ia.us or Pat Latham, platham@aea11.k12.ia.us.
A PowerPoint or DVD training manual can also be provided to assist you with the I-ELDA process if needed.